Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Quack, Quack!

Hello. I'm Mr. T and I love Tacos.
I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana and I am on a quest to find the best tacos in town.


This week I'm reviewing the "Smoked Duck Tacos" from Coyote Blues.

Coyote Blues is located on Ryan Street and has been here for around 6 years.
I'll tell you right up front... I've been eating these smoked duck tacos for a number of years now and this is my favorite taco to eat in Lake Charles. With that said, I want to emphasize that I'm not saying that it is the best taco in all of Lake Charles. I'm only stating that it is my personal favorite. Also, it is my favorite "duck" taco. I have other favorites from other places for "beef" tacos, "chicken" tacos, "steak" tacos, "fish" tacos and "shrimp" tacos.


If any of you know of any other places in the Lake Area that has duck tacos please let me know so that I can try them.


At Coyote Blues you can get your smoked duck tacos on either soft or hard flour tortillas. This time I chose the hard crunchy ones.
The tacos had mesquite-smoked duck, Monterey jack cheese, pico de gallo and lettuce. On the side they give you a little tortilla shell bowl filled with raspberry and blueberry chipotle sauce. The dish was served with sides of refried beans and Mexican rice.
photo from the internet


The first thing about this taco is the duck. It is so tender. It practically melts in your mouth! And the distinct mesquite-smoked flavor is the main taste you sense with every bite. Perfect. The meat is pulled style and they give you a good helping.
The taste of the duck combined with the pico and the Monterey is awesome. The secondary ingredients compliment the duck and don't distract from the meat flavor.
Besides the smoked duck taste, the next best thing about this taco is the blueberry/raspberry chipotle sauce. I drizzle the stuff over these tacos. It is a complete taste explosion that completes this taco and makes it my absolute favorite taco in town. The sauce is sweet and contrasts to the smoky taste making a perfect blend of flavors.


The smoked duck tacos are large. If you were to compare it to a regular taco from Taco Bell it is almost twice as long as theirs. You can order two or three. The price start at $13 for two.
I always get just the two because with the beans, rice and chips&salsa I don't think I could eat a third one. For $13 you get plenty.


That's all I got to say about this one. Give it a try and let me know what you think.




Until next Tuesday my friends...




- Mr. T.





No comments:

Post a Comment