Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Build Your Own Taco...



Hello. I'm Mr. T and I love Tacos.
I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana and I am on a quest to find the best tacos in town. 


It's Tuesday... you know what that means...
Yep! It's "TACO" Tuesday!!




Today I will review the tacos from Izzo's Illegal Burrito.
This is a chain and the one in Lake Charles is located on Prien Lake Road across the street from the Mall.


The thing that is cool about Izzo's is that it is set up sorta like Subway in the fact that you go down the line and tell them what you want on your tacos. Lots of fresh ingredients to choose from.


What makes this taco hard to review is the fact that each visit the taco can change taste depending on what toppings you get. So, this review is only for the tacos with the toppings I chose during that visit.
If I go back I will do a separate review of the different tacos.




This time around I got 2 tacos. Both were in soft flour tortillas.


I went with grilled shrimp for the meat.
I went pretty light on the toppings too, choosing pico de gallo, roasted corn, black beans, black olives and sour cream.


They take the soft tortillas and sort of grill them so that they come out somewhere between hard and soft. I like that.


The tacos are small compared to other places. The shrimp was good, but not that well seasoned for my taste. I liked the pico and the roasted corn.


What I definitely won't do next time is get black beans or black olives on the tacos. Those are really good on nachos which I've eaten there before but I don't think they are suitable for the tacos because the flavor of those two items overpowered the rest of the taco.
 It wasn't bad at all, I just think that if I didn't chose those toppings the tacos would have been much more enjoyable.


So... I rate these tacos "OK." But this rating is only for the way I dressed the tacos this round. It could change upon other visits with different toppings. I will definitely go back but next time I might try the chicken or the beef tacos without any beans or olives.




Today's Taco Tuesday, fools. Go get you some!


- Mr. T



No comments:

Post a Comment