Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Something Fishy about these tacos...

 

Hello. I'm Mr. T and I love Tacos.
I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana and I am on a quest to find the best tacos in town. 


It's Tuesday... you know what that means...
Yep! It's "TACO" Tuesday!!

Hello Taco pals!

This time around we will be looking at a taco from a place you would not expect to find tacos.
I'm going to review a fish taco from Long John Silver's. Yep. A fast food fish place now has tacos.
It's called the Baja Fish Taco and the order comes with two or you can get it as a combo with a side dish and a drink.

I'll say right up front that this isn't a bad taco. I really enjoyed them.

The taco is made of a soft flour tortilla that holds a crunchy fish filet that Long John Silver's is known for. It's that delicious crunchy battered tender fish we are used to. They add a tiny bit of slaw and a dash of their "baja" sauce which seemed to be some spicy Thousand Island type dressing. They were medium sized tacos. If you are familiar with their fish the taco is basically the length of their fish filets.

The slaw and the sauce add flavor to the taco and it by no means over powers the taste or drowns out the delicious fish. Mine was hot. They cooked the filets while I waited. The combo was $6 and some change. Not bad.

As far as fish tacos go I have had much better but this one is not bad at all. I found it to be very tasty. I'll definitely have more of them. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

I rate it "good."

Until next Tuesday, fools.  I pity you if you aint had no tacos today!

- Mr. T.

No comments:

Post a Comment